|Language:||English • svenska|
WARNING! Everything here applies ONLY to European LG TV models (unless otherwise is stated explicitly)! Do not try to flash firmware into North American/Asian/South American LG TV models - you will brick your TV! If you plan any modding now or in the future, do not update your TV yet, especially Broadcom platform based (with Ethernet and Netcast), even if using Netcast forces you to update! The newest firmwares bring more problems and close many modding paths! So always backup current firmware first before applying any official LG update!
How to connect to TV
- Hidden service modes / menus
- Access hidden service menus / modes
LG USB Port Hack
There are several ways to activate the player. For owners of the LH/LG, and PK/PJ based on Saturn 6, the easiest way is:
Enabling support for multiple media:
- USB Hub - How to enable USB hub support in Saturn 7 and Broadcom based TVs
- Debug status
- How to backup TV firmware
- Recovery of bricked device
- Configuration editor
- Remote keys service combinations
- Firmware versions history (Saturn 6 models)
- Troubleshoot Wireless Ready
- LGMOD - modded rootfs for Saturn 6 and 7 based models.
- Openlgtv - yet another custom firmware for Saturn 6 TVs.
- OpenLGTV BCM - custom firmware for Broadcom based TVs.
- Partition Editing
- How to modify Saturn 7 firmware
- How to modify Broadcom firmware
- Enable additional Netcast services
Research & Development
- Enable debug logging
- Reverse Engineering Hints
- Custom Netcast browser app
- Country feature table investigation
- About RELEASE (The main program that implements a graphical user interface and interaction with the hardware.)
- How to patch RELEASE and add functionalities on your TV
- How to log your TV
- Flashing NAND from user-level
- System memory map
- Websvn repository
- Anonymous svn. Run: "svn co http://svn.openlgtv.org.ru"
Firmware file format
Platform specific articles
GPL and LGPL violations by LG
- Opensource packages list
- http://www.lgservice.co.kr/cs_lg/download/SoftwareDownloadDetailCmd.laf?parentCode=1041,1005,1000 (in korean)
- LG Apps TV Developer Lounge: http://developer.lgtvapp.com/
- openlgtv @ irc.freenode.net
- openlgtv-sv @ irc.freenode.net | Swedish Community for OpenLGTV.